3 in 10
people in Nigeria don't have clean water close to home.
4 in 5
people in Nigeria lack handwashing facilities at home.
3 in 5
people in Nigeria don't have a toilet of their own.
WHO WE ARE
Hydro-Sanus Advocacy Innovative Network (HSAIN); is a Non-profit, Non governmental organization: Our identity is our name: Hydro is the Greek name for Water, Sanus is the the root word for Sanitation; we advocate for innovative approach and ideas through a network of Water and Sanitation professionals and Enthusiast…….
WHAT WE DO
Our activities are related but not limited to:
1. Provide Monitoring infrastructure for improved Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in urban and rural areas through data capture and management systems
2. Initiate and engage in projects and innovations that improve the availability of water and sanitary facilities to the vulnerable, less priviledged members of a community; especially women (girl child) and children.
3. Educate citizens on basic water and sanitary facility management skills to compliment government’s and stakeholders effort in providing the basic Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) facilities……..
On World Toilet Day 2019, two passionate individuals who were disturbed by the deteriorating Water facilities in a rural communities and the level of contamination of surface water and the environment through open defecation decided to host events in two schools within a rural area in Abuja. since then other social media engagements have been carried out to advocate for a clean and safe water, sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene. The absence of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) facilities in the rural areas and the lack of knowledge sharing and the dangers of open defecation became more of concern to these individuals. In 2020 volunteering for other WASH organization became Paramount, got involved in couple of events for World Water Day 2020 and COVID-19 came knocking……
SOME OF OUR PROJECTS IN H.S.A.I.N
Help Us Provide A Clean Water For Them.
We can’t make it alone. We need your help. Your small help can bring a big change. Help us build a borehole for this children.
WORLD TOILET DAY
Did you know?
- Over half of the global population or 4.2 billion people lack safe sanitation.
- 40% – or three billion people – of the global population live without basic handwashing facilities with soap and water available at home.
- Around 297,000 children under five – more than 800 every day – die annually from diarrhoeal diseases due to poor hygiene, poor sanitation or unsafe drinking water.
- Globally, 80% of the wastewater generated by society flows back into the ecosystem without being treated or reused.
- By 2050, up to 5.7 billion people could be living in areas where water is scarce for at least one month a year, creating unprecedented competition for water.
We need you and your help
It’s impossible to help people without people helping others. We always need volunteer who love to help.